We are like chocolate...

 

We are like chocolate
we take in the hard knocks of life
break apart and then melt again
We get stretched and tempered
And at the right time
we get poured over to be reshaped 
into any kinds of moulds we want to be in. 
That's the malleable part of life. 
It can sometimes be rigorous and testing
I realised how mindfulness had kept me in the loop
about my changes
Sometimes I feel like I am running on a never-ending treadmill. 
It becomes dreadful and exhausting, 
and it is probably why it makes life lessons so memorable
During the recent months, 
I have been praying hard for any upcoming life lessons to be postponed
I assumed that the universe had taken my plea seriously
and I didn't kept count of my peaceful days
Well, or should I say, I took for granted
My sense of gratefulness began beaming through the tiny holes of my mind
to send a reminder by knocking on my consciousness today
"Hello! you feel different."
"Oh yes!",  I silently agreed in amusement
My mind got excited and went into a circus of ideas
Colours, chocolate, cake
I felt the leash broken
I didn't realised how much I missed that!
And today, I am living the moment. 
Indeed it calls for a nice celebration!
I traced back yesterday, and the day before
Saturday, Friday, Thursday....Monday...
May, April, March, February, January...2020
Closed my eyes, shed a tear and whispered,
"Thank you for the hard knocks."
I regained an optimistic sense of myself
and found back my voice in art. 
The joy in being free
can always be felt from the heart. 
My lesson to note...
"We can never get our minds to force freedom when the heart isn't ready.
Through the journey of discovering inner peace, I experienced emotional freedom.
I didn't realised the little hurdle I had to jump over to find my creative liberation took me this long.
However long the time frame, I guess patience deserves an award. The fruition is immeasurable.
When you realise your sole presence is good enough
to move mountains and you are capable to create possibilities,
you will be amused by what you can do to reshape your destiny. 
Life lessons isn't just about ourselves. 
It is the rippling effect of what you do that is able to influence others."













Comments

Popular Posts