SAY: For the love of Escape!




 

I disliked reading as a child as it was made out to be like homework. With age, reading became a necessity. It was mainly for school and work. Not quite enjoyable, but served purposes of gaining knowledge and for communication. 

5 years ago, I started reading voraciously. It was at first triggered by long waits at the library for my children. Gradually it started to have a life of its own. My life began to change rather dramatically as I traveled to multiple places, scenes, events with each book I read. I found myself in the midst of wars, revolutions, love fights, jails, far flung jungles, with famous people each weekend. It became the perfect vehicle of escape! 

Before long, my imagination started to fire again like when I was a child. My drawings became more colorful. A zest for life bubbled from within. I had never imagined that the gift of a book and my spontaneous embrace of a new experience could have brought me so much joy. I wish you too have such an unexpected refreshing encounter!

Han Li June




Comments

Popular Posts