Art which whirls the Heart


I recently illustrated for a Poem, bringing to life a fellow artist's work in prose. Reading the poem whirled in me strong emotional and visceral reactions which inspired my illustration. I imagined the stories and metaphors embedded in the prose. And a scene from the poem appeared, which I quickly recorded. Such synergistic creative energy flowing from one artist to another! Our joint work will be published later this year in a journal magazine.

Serendipity called again this week, I heard from another budding Poet. She shared she had written a poem inspired by one of my drawings. This time, someone had interpreted my drawing in prose! How marvelous! Reading a poem of my drawing was magical and surreal. I was humbled that my image had served as a muse for reflection and creation by a Poet. 

This is the impact of art isn't it? Art creates mysterious deep connections between people who may never have met. The art alone causes us to speak a shared language of expression. We offer our differing interpretations, anchored on the same imagery or prose that inspires a thousand meanings. Art has a unique ability to elicit emotions, feelings and thoughts from within. And help us connect to the artist. Have you been touched, amused or inspired by any art piece you have seen recently?

As artists, we hope our art stirs hearts. And we in turn receive so much more from our audience's interpretations. With the permission of the Poet, I am glad to present here my drawing of children on swings, which inspired the beautiful and moving poem "One Dear Friend" by Archisha Moudgil. 


Han Li June



Comments

Popular Posts