SAY: The Live in our Lives


Capturing sightings of butterflies has become a new hobby of mine. I find the experience calming and adventurous.  There are moments I get jump scares by grasshoppers flying across my face and big bees flying around my head. The situation although is not always calm and steady, it is assuring to know I am never alone because I will be accompanied by one or many of these beautiful creatures. Their endearing presence always adds a lightness to my steps and an encouraging note throughout my day. 





Just having to watch their soft colour-filled wings fluttering around the leaves and trees, highlights the life nature brings to us. Sometimes having to pay a little more attention to our natural surroundings, it might make us realise the live we missed in our lives. Like the sounds of the crickets gets muffled by the sounds of traffic or the beauty of the sunset get distracted by the glaring screen of our mobile phones. Now, I am wondering what I must have missed during those passing years. Has the sun been friendlier or the grass gotten greener? I will start taking notice of it.



These few captures of a pair of butterflies always bring me smiles and comfort. I guess nature too, has a way to give us support in ways words can't say enough. Although tough times, we are never alone. 
For this, I will end off with a quote:


- Samantha Quek

Comments

Popular Posts